Pulse is a recurring column where we ask for readers’ takes on varying topics in a weekly survey and report back with our findings.
Before we move into the new year, we have to take a grateful pause and make note of all the things that went right in 2021. Not only is celebrating successes a good practice for your business, it’s also a much-needed motivation kick. As the Harvard Business Review noted, “the power of progress is fundamental to human nature.”
So, what were your wins this past year? However big or small (really, it could be as itty-bitty as you’d like), we want you to share your triumphs with us this week.
- My 20th Anniversary in October writing for Inman News and publishing the 1,000th edition of my weekly newsletter RealClues on Dec. 6, 2021. — Bernice Ross
- In 2021, we leveled up our engagement, branding, and professionalism by creating a new logo, helped build a better MLS platform by engaging with our MLS vendor’s three user groups, and establishing multiple channels for different use-cases and learning styles. Partnered with tech-forward MLSs of the MLS Aligned group, adopted an agile methodology that puts people first, and became one of three MLSs in the country to have 100 percent of its staff earn the CMLX1 certification. — Northern Nevada Regional Multiple Listing Service (NNRMLS)
- I just got 12 new build listings this month! — Katie Ruffino
- Our Keller Williams NYC office re-launched at a new location with new ownership just last year. As the Broker of Record here, I was responsible, together with our Team Leader, for bringing in hundreds of new and experienced agents to join our firm. I am most proud of this big win which has resulted in the spectacular growth of our firm in less than 12 months!
- Went fishing 204 times, caught 771 fish.
- Our biggest win for 2021 was committing to a niche instead of trying to do everything. We are now dedicated to new construction and over-55 communities. Since making that commitment and gearing our advertising toward it, we have doubled our business and are heading into 2022 with as much under contract as we closed in 2021. Our goal for 2022 is $500,000 GCI, and because we already have over half that under contract, we feel it is a SMART goal.
- My puppy :) over the summer, but also — selling a property for the second time and helping the owners buy a new property. All transactions that began or went into contract in 2021 were referrals.
- The YouTube channel we’ve been working on, Home Tech Decisions, got over 600,000 views.
- I earned my CRS designation in my 5th year in real estate.😊
Did we miss your win? Please share in the comments section below.
Editor’s note: These responses were lightly edited for style and grammar.