In March’s Marketing and Branding Month, we’ll go deep on agent branding and best practices for spending with Zillow, Realtor.com and more. Top CMOs of leading firms drop by to share their newest tactics, too. And to top off this theme month, Inman is debuting a brand new set of awards for branding and marketing leaders in the industry called Marketing All-Stars.
If you’ve been creating content for any length of time, you probably know that it’s sometimes difficult to predict which blog post, podcast episode or video will grab your audience’s attention. Sometimes you put a lot of time and effort into a piece of content that just sort of lays there. Other times, you dash something off quickly and find that it gains steam and becomes one of your most noticed posts.
As you look back at your online and social media platforms, we asked you to do some bragging: Tell us about your best-performing piece of content. Was it a guide to the buying or selling process? A tour of your local market? Did you interview someone famous? Blow everyone away with your take on a TikTok trend? Here’s what you shared:
- Video and blog on Lake Norman waterfront restaurants
- I did a piece in early 2022 talking about a build-for-rent development for which the fund I was representing got outbid by another fund. They were paying full retail for 80-plus homes at one time and got outbid. I picked up thousands of followers from that TikTok. Ever since then, I have done TikToks about rate hikes and how Fed is actually affecting mortgage rates through selling mortgage-backed securities and quantitative tightening.
- One of my secrets to success as a real estate agent is using social media, not to promote my business, but instead to share myself as a person, living a lifestyle that is admirable and enticing. I share some of my real estate successes, but am careful and humble when I do.
- I wrote a blog post about my husband’s visits with Mrs. Firestone at her estate in Newport, Rhode Island. My husband was a native Newporter and a great storyteller. He and Mrs. Firestone struck up an unlikely friendship. Both have passed away since then, but this story lives on as one of our best-performing blog posts.
- A TikTok on hedge funds buying in Wilmington, North Carolina
- I made a collage out of pictures of turrets on historic houses. It has gotten hundreds of thousands of clicks.
Now it’s your turn. Tell us about the content piece that has gotten you the best results in the comments below.